Our services are hired under the terms and conditions set out below. The payment by any client of any fees and charges is an acknowledgment and acceptance by the client of these terms and conditions.
- After initial discussions, The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers will provide the client with a written quotation which will remain valid until the event date. If the event brief alters at any time, we will review and re-issue a new quotation.
- Acceptance of a quotation by the client constitutes an offer by the Client to engage our services thereafter a 10% non-refundable* booking fee is made to secure the date.
- When booking; the client must provide approximate guest numbers. Final numbers must be confirmed in writing no less than 10 working days prior to the Event Date. The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers cannot accept reductions in final numbers once a booking fee has been made.
- If guest numbers increase less than 10 working days prior to the Event date The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers reserves the right to accommodate the increased numbers.
- The client must notify The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers of any special dietary requirements of their guests at the time of booking.
- Any equipment breakages or losses whether owned by The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers or hired for the event will be charged to the client at replacement cost.
- Additional staff required to run the event will incur an additional charge which will be included in the quoted price.
- The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers reserves the right to include a delivery charge in the quote according to location. The client will be notified of any such charge prior to confirmation of the booking.
- The event is confirmed on the receipt by The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers of the required deposit. Failure to provide a deposit gives The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers the right to cancel the event.
- An additional 70% of total quotation cost is required to be made not later than 10 working days before the Event. The remaining balance is due at the start of your event. Please do understand that we reserve the right not to serve food at your function if payment is not made in full before service.
In the instance that the client must cancel the event, the following conditions apply. All cancellations must first be confirmed by telephone and the confirmed in writing or by e-mail. The event will only be canceled once The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers is in receipt of a written letter or e-mail from the client stating the cancellation of the event.
SERVICE PROVIDER CANCELLATION
Where conditions beyond our control prevent us from fulfilling any obligations, The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers will where reasonably possible provide notice in writing to the Client terminating the Contract, returning to the Client any balance of the payment on account remaining after settlement of all or any costs incurred in respect of the proposed provision of the Services.
The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers will not accept liability for cancellation of the Event.
The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers advises that all food must be consumed within two hours of initial serving. The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers cannot guarantee the quality of any food consumed after two or more hours of it first being served.
The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) misrepresentation, or otherwise arising in connection with the performance, or contemplated performance, of the Contract, shall be limited to the price paid for the services save that such limitation shall not apply to liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of The Sense of Taste Specialty Caterers.